Monday, February 7, 2011

J&B Met 2011








So I managed to score some free tickets at work , went with a friend and a cousin (both their first Met), I must say I still go to the Met because I absolutely feast on the fashion, beautiful & moneyed people all gathered in one place….usually the ‘Main Marquee’, in which access is a lifetime goal.
The theme this year was larger than life i.e. big accessories , big hair big shoes and in my case big personality. Now same as every year I take pre-planning what I’s like to wear at the J&B Met to another level, . I literally start planning my outfit round about August , thanks to the fact that I work at the Agency that comes u with the theme each year.
Of course one would argue that the outfit right down to the nail polish and what direction I’m going to part my hair that day , is usually very different to what I actually end up wearing to the Met , due to a selective oversight on my part which seems to be very repetitive in all areas of my life , and that’s …BUDGET.
Although I yearn for the outfit I sometimes dream up , or catch on the latest teens series or just saw in a shop an just had to have it, but never got around to wearing , I usually end up with a not so bad alternative , but to be honest I’m never fully satisfied, hence I still have that blazing fire for the to attend the Met. I guess one could say that every year it feels like unfinished business that I try and settle the following year . A vicious fashionable circle I know, but I love being entwined In it.

I must confess and say that the fashion boutique store ‘Mememe ‘ in Long street , always knows how to catch my eye and hold my debit card for ransom.
Both the original dress I had wanted for the Met 2011 was from ‘Mememe’ and my back up dress which was more casual and practical for the future was also from ‘Mememe’. The only thing I didn’t get from Meme was my underwear , red lipstick and weave.

My humblest apologies viewers but my photographer persona didn’t come out to play this year but , I did mange to snoop around for pictures of some colleagues and other guest of the Met in their attire.

O and I also go there for the food ….A BIG SHOUT OUT TO THE ASIAN CHAPS THAT WERE SELLING THE BATTERED PORK IN SWEET CHILLI SAUCE SERVED ON RICE, it was to die for.










2 comments:

  1. Look at you looking all fabulous, everyone looked hot, wish i was there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaaaa thanks missy ...next year i shall look faber *yes it's my word* and maybe i'll make it myself..

    ReplyDelete